Tier 3 Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Participants are required to ensure that batteries solar power is functioning, batteries are holding sufficient charge, data loggers are recording measurements and data is uploading properly.
- Stations should be wiped down with clean water and cloth at least twice a year. A dirty station will record biased measurements.
- Check at both installation and during biannual maintenance visits to ensure station is level—a major source of error.
- AWN will send an automated email if Quality Assurance algorithms detect a potential sensor failure, sensor drift, or other problems. It is the responsibility of Tier 3 participants to resolve problems, working with the instrument manufacturer as necessary.
- AWN staff will provide troubleshooting assistance should there be problems with integration into the AWN network.
- Maintenance requirements and guidance to be developed.
METER Group stations
- Replace relative humidity daughter board every two years.
- Replace funnel and solar radiation sensor every two years.
- Replace datalogger AA rechargeable batteries every two years.